Paragliding in the Dolomites: legendary flights
Here is a paragliding course in a region that has participated in the legend of paragliding: the Dolomites. In these valleys, classified as a UNESCO World Heritage Site, we will discover amongst the thermals the cross country routes which follow alongside these magnificent rocky towers of Sassolungo, Tofana di Rozes, Pordoi...
Between Val di Fassa and Alta Badia the ceilings often fluctuate between 3000-4000m, which allows you to go to greet the queen mountain of the region: the Marmolada. In the autumn conditions are very pleasant, the morning allows you to start gently and enjoy the charm of the villages while sipping a cappuccino, then as the hours pass the air mass sets up allowing thermal flight until the evening. So are you ready to spread your wings with us?
Group: 7 persons maximum
What is included in the course?
- Included: Guiding by 2 paragliding instructors and high mountain guide ensuring a maximum of supervision so no one is left behind, minibus transfer Chamonix-Canazei-Chamonix, transfers to flying sites, accommodation for monitors with delicious hearty breakfasts, a video film of the adventure
- Not included: FFVL Insurance (compulsory), B&B, cablecars and lifts, drinks, lunches and evening meals, everything that is not listed as included
When you make your reservation we will send you a detailed technical description of your course where everything is clearly explained!
The objectives of this course are as follows:
- Discover fliying in the Dolomites and possibly at adjacent sites
- Improve your understanding, aerological and meteorological analysis in an unknown area
- Improve your choices in mountain routes
- Optimise gestures and placement in thermal control
- Explore mental analysis and management tools in preparation and during the flight
You have already completed a thermal intermediate course, you know how to ascend and maintain flight for 30mins in an established thermal.
You control rapid descent technics -have done one SIV course
You have and know your own equipment
We have visited the Dolomites regularly in summer and winter for almost 10 years, which means that we appreciate the region! We wish to share our apprecation for this area with you so you may also discover its beauty and exceptional flying sites.
To maximise the paragliding possiblities for the group two instructors will be present to supervise, enabling either the whole group to go cross country, with one instructor at the rear to help the last pilot, or if some people feel tired, we may split into two smaller groups, a cross country group and a site discovery or piloting group.
Thanks to our dual qualifications, as instructor-guides we can offer you a more mountain oriented adventure. Of course, as in any group training course, you will need to be curious to learn, flexible and have a good sense of humour.
In case of unstable weather we can transfer to sites further north, such as the Bruneck valley, ideal for cross country flights with very welcoming fields for landings, or south towards Feltre and Bassanno del Grappa to fly in front of the Venetian plain or even west towards the famous spot of Malcesine on the shores of Lake Garda. The main aim being to discover beautiful sites and to fly so we maintain a program and spirit which is very adaptable.
If you are interested in mountain flying, we can organise a typical "Hike and Fly" outing with a reasonable height gain. In this case, please mention it when you register so that the group can benefit from this proposal ahead of schedule and we can make arrangements accordingly.